Pages

Sunday 4 December 2011

Rusty The Robot

Meet Rusty The Robot....


Yes, for those of you who saw the university Character Animation project I posted up here earlier in the year, you'll know that my odd fascination with designs incorporating battered robot characters continues!! This steampunk inspired illustration looks at the juxtaposition between machines and nature, with a slight nods in the direction of both Pixar's 'Wall-E' and 2004 film 'I,Robot'.

Rusty is my first attempt at character illustration using the techniques I learnt from some Photoshop tutorials, including the Turf Text tutorial (see previous post), that I have been working through. This is obviously a first attempt and very rough and ready. I could spend a lot of time to polish it up, but it was really just a trial to see if I could apply the tutorial info to my own concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment